In today’s digital world of perfection, flawless skin has become an ultimate goal for many women. They are actively looking for treatments and solutions to purge pimples and acne.
Although there are various prescriptions and over-the-counter cures available, it is unnecessary to opt for chemicalized treatments. Practitioners have come up with a natural element to treat all your breakouts.
Did you know there are numerous benefits to green tea for skin acne? For instance, there are countless practical guides on how to use green tea for acne.
Researchers conclude that the consumption or application of green tea can improve scratches and redness that cause skin acne. As a result, people are using it for acne spots because breakouts leave marks behind.
Likewise, you can use it for acne inflammation to fight all the redness. In a short time, it has become a new-age favorite due to its benefits for acne.
Do you know what else? You can also use its extracts as an acne toner. Pour some leaves and water into a jar until it starts changing color. Once it is ready, you can use it on your acne and wait for the results. Similarly, you can also utilize the same for acne scars since it treats the irritated skin that is causing acne.
However, when it comes to its application in the masses, some people also ponder if there are any side effects.
Surprisingly, it is made from Camellia Sinensis leaves, making it purely organic. Hence, it is worth giving a shot, as all experts believe green tea works like magic. If you are still skeptical, go through reviews to see what others have to say about it.
Otherwise, you can have a look below to explore some benefits of green tea for acne and scars.
What are Some Ways You Can Use Green Tea Products for Acne Treatment?
If you are ready to start using green tea, there are several options available. You can find a whole list of products, making them an essential purchase for the skincare regime.
- You must have heard how icing helps with swelling, so why not use green tea ice cubes for acne swelling? It calms the skin and removes irritation in a few seconds.
- If your skin is super sensitive, consider investing in a green tea lotion for acne. It consists of epigallocatechin gallate EGCG that is gentle on the skin. Likewise, you can also grab a moisturizer for acne to complement it with the lotion for the best results.
- Do you have dry skin? Instead of lotion, you have to get your hands on a green tea oil for acne and experience smooth skin. If you want to pamper your skin with something extra, look for tree oil for acne as it contains antimicrobial properties.
- Some women complain of open pores, and we have a solution for it too. Green tea toner for acne removes excessive sebum that clogs the pores while eliminating bacterial growth.
- Moreover, you can create a green tea mask for acne all by yourself. Mix the leaves with aloe vera, and honey, and spread the mask on your face. Leave it for some time and rinse it with cold water.
- If you can’t spare time for masks and lotion, you can get supplements for acne.
Benefits of Using Green Tea for Skin Acne – Does it Really Work?
Some people prefer to drink the aromatic beverage, whereas others apply it to the skin for better glowing results. Fortunately, it works both ways. Here we are unfolding some secrets for skin acne.
- Reduces Redness: If you start drinking green tea regularly, you will also notice an automatic reduction in redness. Its anti-inflammatory properties are known for soothing skin.
- Moisturizes Skin: Open pores and oily skin are the root cause of acne. Green tea comprises vitamin E that nourishes the skin. Alongside the benefits, it also helps in hydrating skin.
- Protects Against Skin Cancer: It consists of polyphenols and different catechins which have antioxidant properties. They fight radicals that can harm your body, keeping your skin healthy.
Therefore, start drinking it and reap the benefits of this herbal plant. Feel free to look at drinking green tea for acne reviews to make the best decision.
DIY Green Tea Treatments for Acne Scars and Marks
People usually prefer DIY treatments and masks along with products to achieve quick results. Can’t decide how to use green tea for acne?
Here we are unveiling some tips for acne recipes.
Using green tea for acne treatment is a hit, and undoubtfully, this face scrub would also work like magic. You need three green tea bags, 3 tbs sugar, and 2 tsp flour. Start steeping the tea bags in boiling water for approximately five minutes.
Cut the tea bags to take out the leaves, add sugar, flour, and your DIY treatment for acne is ready. Scrub it on your face in a circular motion for at least ten minutes. After this, apply the cream for acne and watch your skin glow.
Although a plain face mask does an incredible job, you can mix it with honey and tea extracts. It has wound-healing properties, helping you get rid of acne bacteria. You will need 1 tbsp green tea extract, 1 tbsp organic honey, hot water, and a cleaner.
Boil the extract in boiling water for three minutes and let it cool. Take out the leaves in a bowl, mix honey, and your homemade mask is ready. Are you wondering how to use green tea for an acne mask?
Firstly, rinse your face with a face wash with tea extracts to eliminate dirt, and then apply the mask. Leave it on for 20 minutes until your skin feels tight. The tea and honey combination can produce incredible results if you apply it consistently. After all, the benefits of using are no surprise to anyone.
FAQs on How To Use Green Tea For Acne
Is drinking green tea good for acne?
Consuming green tea soothes your skin from the inside. It stabilizes your blood sugar and insulin levels, which are significant triggers for acne.
How to use green tea topically for acne?
Put two green tea bags and moisten them in hot water. Apply the extract to your face for 20 minutes.
Which green tea products should I use for acne scars, marks
You can try these green tea products – face wash, moisturizer, lotion, oil, and scrub. Or else, you can give it a shot with DIY treatments.
Applying green tea bags for acne?
Remove the leaves from the teabag and mix them with aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture to the affected areas.
How to drink green tea for acne?
Remove the leaves and boil the tea bags in hot water. Pour it in a cup and drink it 2-3 times a day.
How long does it take for green tea to help acne?
Research has shown oil reduction within 60 days of using green tea. Hence, it would take 2-3 months to purge acne thoroughly.
Does adding sugar to green tea reduce its benefits for acne?
Sugar works as a natural exfoliator, removing all dead skin cells. Thus, it increases its benefits.
Can tea bags help with acne?
Green contains antioxidants that can inhibit the growth of bacteria, closing skin pores, and reducing the chances of acne.